Dr. Tim Yu DDS, MSD is a specialty trained, board certified orthodontist focusing his practice on the growth and development of the craniofacial complex, orthodontic TMD treatment and facial esthetics. He takes a comprehensive approach to treatment, working with an interdisciplinary team of physicians, dentists, myofunctional therapists, and other healthcare professionals to deliver quality care to patients.
Dr. Yu trained at the University of the Pacific for his orthodontic specialty, where he completed his MSD research in the soft tissue effects of maxillomandibular surgery for sleep apnea. He has had numerous accolades for his research, including awards from the American Association of Dental Research and has presented at the Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontics and American Association of Orthodontics.
He is an active member in a number of dental and allied health professional associations and passionate about disseminating the message of airway health to the community.
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- San Fernando Valley Dental Association
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- American Academy of Physiological Medicine and Dentistry